Monday 15 August 2011

We Are Premier League! Swansea City - The Pride of Wales

It really is a historic day for Welsh football.

After 19 years, we will finally be represented in the Premier League at long last and a near 30 year-absence from the top flight will end when Swansea City kick-off against Manchester City this evening at 8pm.

I commented on my trip to Wembley to watch their ascent to the Premier League in the play-off final in my blog here and here.

It's going to be a long season and Swansea will have to pull out all of the stops to ensure that they stay in the top flight for a second season next year. I hope that Cardiff City can also make the leap this season to join their M4 rivals in the Premiership in 2012/2013.

But for tonight alone, I'll be lapping up the occasion. This isn't just Swansea City in the Premiership, it's much bigger than that. This is Wales in the Premier League.

Long may it continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment