Sunday 13 February 2011

BAFTAs Fit For A King - Next Stop Hollywood

Well, the plaudits keep coming.

King Colin
'The King's Speech' has followed up its Golden Globes success by winning 7 BAFTAs - the British Oscars.

The British film phenomenon swept the board by winning the Best Film and Best Picture awards as well as those for Best Actor for Colin Firth, Best Supporting Actor for Geoffrey Rush and Best Supporting Actress for Helena Bonham Carter.

It also won awards for Original Screenplay by David Seidler, Outstanding British Film and Best Score by French film composer Alexandre Desplat.

Next up is the main event, the Academy Awards on Sunday February 27th - in just 2 weeks time.

Queen Helena
Can Coilin Firth follow Helen Mirren by winning another Royal Oscar? Can The King's Speech go one better than 'The Queen' by walking away with the best picture award?

I mentioned here in my blog back in December of my excitement at what looked to be a great film. Never did I realise at the time just how well it would do, as I later blogged here and here.

Time will tell but in the meantine, this fantastic film is sweeping all before it.

Long Live The King!

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling that the US will keep it in-house and give it to the film about the founder of Facebook.

    I hope I am wrong....

    ReplyDelete