Sunday 23 October 2011

Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts

I'm not a big fan of 'modern music'. That for anyone who knows me, is a given. Anything recorded post-1996 generally attracts a disapproving glance from this direction but there are of course notable exceptions.

It must also be said that Alyson's more modern tastes have inevitably rubbed off on me. I would have to grudgingly admit now for example, that I rather like Lady Gaga. But I don't shout about it too much as it would ruin my reputation of being an old sage when it comes to my musical tastes.

One of my slow burning favourites from 2011 has been this hit from unheralded artiste Christina Perri. I wasn't keen on it at first but the more I've listened to it and the lyrics, the more it has registered on my radar. In particular, Christina's top note near the climax to the song is absolutely captivating. It's a beautifully pure and haunting sound.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment